Stevens & Co is pleased to provide you with a holistic (A to Z) approach for a healthy functioning business. We offer legal expertise on everything from setting up a business, to expanding it, handling your employee matters throughout, then selling or closing shop. Think of S&Co as your own in-house counsel.
We want your small to medium-sized business to prosper. We take the time to understand the details of your specific operations while steering you through the legal environment of running a business. Cultivating this relationship protects your company’s growth and profits over the long term.
You have decided to start a business and wondering whether you should operate as a sole proprietorship, a partnership, co-operative or an incorporation. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? That decision depends on the specific needs and goals of your business.
If you decide, for example, that incorporation is the best option for your business, you will need to take some very specific steps.
We help small and medium-sized business clients develop the strong legal foundations required to reduce risk and optimize benefit for the future of their business. Book an appointment to come in and talk to us about your needs.
We help clients with:
- Incorporating British Columbia companies
- Preparation of Directors’ and Shareholders Resolutions
- Drafting Business Purchase and Sale Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Business Financing and Leasing
- Advisory Services for ‘Day to Day’ Corporate Legal Matters
- Compile a corporate minute book
- Changes to your company’s records eg. Change of directors, address, etc.
- Alterations to your company’s share structure
- Issue or transfer of shares
- Changes to partnerships eg. New partners, termination of a partner